Monday, October 5, 2020

427 - Is Fear Slowing You Down

https://moneyripples.com/2020/10/05/427-is-fear-slowing-you-down/

Did the last, or current, recession destroy your wealth?
Are you suffering from ‘once burnt, twice shy’?
How do you overcome this?
Don’t let Fear Slow you Down.
Learn the ONE secret that I use when deciding on key decisions with my money, business, and life!
Listen to our Podcast:
-----------------------------------------------------
Hello, my fellow Ripplers! This is Chris Miles, your Cash Flow Expert, and Anti-Financial Advisor. Hey guys, this show is for you and it is about you. The reason I’m doing this show is because I want you to be free. I want you to have that cash flow, that freedom, that prosperity today, where you work, because you want to not because you have to. Right? Where you can have that freedom that prosperity right now, not 30 or 40 years from now. If the market just happens to do the right things the right time. And if you happen to scrimp and save and sacrifice and suffer your entire life away, that is not what we’re here about. Guys. We are here about freedom and cash flow. Now! If you guys want that passive income, this is why you’re here, right? You want to be able to have those options, that choice and that freedom.
And guys, it’s not just about your own freedom. It’s about creating a ripple effect in the lives of others. Because as you’re blessed, you can be more powerful, more free to be able to bless others lives too, and create a legacy, not just for yourself, but imagine your family and your children and what you can create by creating something different than what most everybody in America, especially the United States have been dealing with. That’s what we’re here about today. Here’s a reminder, check out our website, www.MoneyRipples.com. You can download our eBook. What is called? Beyond Rice and Beans. That’s right. I’ve said it so many times. I’m forgetting it, but you can download Beyond Rice and Beans. Seven secrets free up cash today that you can get great tips for finding money, especially if you need it. If you’re the type of person that says I’ve got money, but what I do with it?
You can even use the contact desk page and reach out to us and say, Chris, like, what can I do in my situation? Maybe I can become free in the next five or 10 years. Yes. That could be you reach out and ask us those questions. So anyways, guys, check that out. So today, guys, I want to talk about something that I’ve seen. I’m seeing happen a lot in the last few months, and I think it’s one of the biggest money leaks that might exist. And the question I have to ask you is this is, are you dragging your feet? Are you preventing yourself from investing right now out of fear? Are you kind of holding back because you’re scared or uncertain about what the world is what’s going on in the world today? You know, maybe you’re saying I’ve got cash, but I’m afraid to invest it.
Because what if I pick wrong or man in the past I have picked wrong. I made mistakes. I don’t want to do that again. You know what? understand? I completely understand you guys. So let me give you a story here. When I was, you know, when I went through the last recession. Right? Now, it’s up to 2006, 2007. I thought I could walk on water. I thought I had “The Midas Touch” that whatever I touched turned to gold. Right? You know, it’s like, man, money’s coming so easily. It seems like I go to this investment. I make the money back. It’s great. But I was really delusional, right? It wasn’t because there was something wrong with the markets. There was something wrong with me. And I think one of the biggest fears that people have not so much about what’s going on in the world, but more people I find as we dig deeper is they’re more afraid of themselves.
Is this you? Like, are you saying, you know, I think it’s like the markets, but really in truth, if I knew what I was doing or if I was confident in what I was doing, I probably wouldn’t fear what’s going on in the world so much. I would probably say, great. I know how to maneuver this because I have the knowledge and the tools and the expertise to do that. Right? And that’s true. That’s what happened to me. I was just naive. Right? I was overly optimistic and I got burned in the recession. It was interesting because as I came out of the recession, that was, you know, building my way back. Right? Trying to get to that point where I was able to retire the second time. For me it was, it was scary. You know, especially as I started to try new things, like when I bought my first real estate investment property, again, I was scared to death. Right?
Because the properties I have before I lost or had to sell and was barely able to break, even if that it really costs me money, you know? But you know, I had lost properties. I had bad renters. I had all this kind of stuff happened where it looked like anything I did was horrible. Right? All the things I thought I did was amazing. Found out that in truth, everything I was doing was wrong. And I remember I was talking to a friend about this and she said, you know what, Chris? You know, if you would stop holding yourself hostage to the past, if you would just let go of the past, forgive yourself and look forward, don’t look back like, sure. Learn from those lessons. But she asked me, she said, Chris, are you the same person you were several years ago?
I said, no, I guess not like, I definitely, that affected me a lot. Like, I definitely have been changed. I’ve you know, I’ve definitely gotten a little bit wiser because of it. She said, well, Chris, why are you afraid of the same thing happening again? When you’re a different person, the same thing can’t happen. If you’re a different person, it won’t happen. Just like, if you just let that fear barrier go, you’ll make millions. And I remember that time, like again, I was just trying to struggle and get out of it, making millions to me, it was like, wow! That sounds incredible. I would love to make millions. Like I came in fathom and that’s like the make millions. I can tell you guys now from hindsight, she was 100% correct. But the fear has got to stop for you guys. Right? You got to get over that hump, that fear, the best way to do that is really a few things you can do here.
Right? One, you know, you can always reach out to someone that could be like a mentor for you. Right? It doesn’t have to be me. Right? It doesn’t have to be me at all. You could be reaching out to someone that’s a family member that you know, is kind of been through the life of hard knocks. Right? They’ve been through something. It could be a friend or something like that. But someone that definitely has been where you want to go or is currently are where you want to go. Don’t judge them by having cars, nice houses. Don’t go off that, go off of actually have done the thing that you want to do. You know, like people come to me all the time. They say, Chris, I come to you because you’ve done it. Not only just do it once, but you did it twice.
So I figured you probably have something to teach, even though I’ve done things for years, you know, even some of them was like, I’ve done real estate forever, or I’ve done investing forever. But I feel like maybe you can give me a different perspective on it. Right? Find a mentor like that. Someone that say you can give me a different perspective or at least an outside perspective to help me see what’s going on. Because if some of the times, the best thing you can do is have somebody that’s forward thinking, or maybe in your future to say here, I know how to bridge that gap. Let’s get there. So that’s one, you know, two sometimes the best way to overcome fear. This is just do it anyways. For me, the only way to overcome that fear was buying an investment property. Right? I had to do it.
I had experienced it. That’s why I was, I rave about it now, you know, because I said, Oh! I did it. And look, it worked. I didn’t get burned. You know, by the way, key point, if you’re looking at investing in real estate properties don’t just buy one, buy multiple, right? So that you can say, look, I can prove it because if you get that one, then something bad goes wrong. You say, Oh! It happened to me again. I’ve had clients like that where they said, Oh! I bought this one property and now the renters are moving. And now I haven’t been paid on my rent for the last two months, you know? And I’m paying my mortgage payment and it’s like, listen, like it doesn’t have to keep happening again. Sometimes people will attract the very thing. They fear, whatever your fear you’ll tend to attract more into your life.
So be careful of that whatever you worry about will come about. So don’t worry about that. I’m not saying don’t worry, be happy, you know, but kind of like that. So anyways, sometimes just doing the thing you fear will do it will help. Right? That’s why I did a marathon last year. You know, I had to do the marathon that hurt me so bad. It got me to quit marathons. I had to do it again just to say, look, I create a new and different experience. Here’s the third thing. And I want to put some emphasis on this. The third thing is, this is learning to trust your intuition. You know, some people will say going with your gut. Right? Trusting your gut. I’m going with that feeling that’s inside. I would tell you, looking in hindsight, when the last recession, before it hit, I had absolute feelings.
I had little whisperings and feeling that said, this doesn’t feel right. Like almost like, it’s almost like the spidey senses go off. Right? It was like something doesn’t feel right about this. I was like, but you know what? Hey, I’ll make the numbers work. It’s fine. I’ll make it happen. You know? And then of course the very things that I of course were worried about did happen. The other thing too, is that there’s been times in my life that I felt something was right. Sometimes I didn’t act on it. So I don’t know what happened. It’s nothing happened. But when I have acted on those right feelings, things worked out. So for example, my business model here with, with MoneyRipples, right? Had shifted, you know, in 2015, I’d done six live events, you know? And I was inviting people from all over the country.
I was trying to fill seats. It was a lot of work. Also during that same year, I went through a divorce which was burning. It had burned me out. Even by the time we got to the last two events of the year I was done. It was so hard for me to do those events and want to keep putting energy in. I was exhausted. And I remember my mentor at that time said, Chris, you know what? You need to do like what my model is, you need to do at least one of these months. So not just six in a year, 12 in a year, you had a double it. And I thought, Oh my goodness! That’s Oh! That sounds horrible. And I remember at that time, I started to really pullback the layers of myself, get to know myself again, as well as my business.
And I’ll tell you the more you get to know yourself, the better, more powerful you can become. As I got to know myself, I sort of realize, I said, you know what? My guts telling me not to do that. Like somethings deep down is telling me, don’t go for that. And so I said, you know what? I feel like I shouldn’t do more events. I should do less. I’m going to do three. Instead of I’m not going to do double, I’m gonna cut them in half. And instead of trying to fill seats, I’m only going to invite people. I want to be there. So I’m going to invite people that I think should be there. Not just trying to make my ego feel good by filling a bunch of seats in a room. I’m like, I’ll see what happens. And guess what? My ego was definitely not inflated because the first event I did had 5 people in it, not 50, five just five.
And one of them was really a helper. I knew she didn’t have any money. She was just helping me out. So really there’s only four people and there were just two couples. Here’s the crazy thing. They were the right people. I knew the right people. They knew they were the right people. One hour into that event. I turned around and told them. I said, guys, listen, I already know that you guys are perfect clients for me. Let me just teach some great stuff, you know, over the next couple of days. And then we’ll figure out how we can work together. Sound good? And they said, yep. Guess what? And at that event, both people became clients. I made more profit from that event because it was such a small event. Right? I made more profit from that. Then the bigger events I did and it was, I was happier.
I was more relaxed. It was easier to manage and maintain. It was awesome. Guys. Each of you have this kind of spidey sense. You have this intuition within you. I’ve had some of you telling me, Chris, I don’t have that intuition. Or I don’t trust it because I feel like anytime I try to listen to it, I get it wrong. Here’s the thing you’ve got to learn to listen, to hear what it is it will, for me, what it is is that I get kind of this. Yes! Right? If I get kind of this stupor of thought or I get, you know, we’re just, or if I have something that feels exciting I let it wait out for a few days, I kind of wait out that emotion. And a few days later, if it’s not on my mind, if it’s not still sticking with me, it’s not a good thing for me to do.
If even after a couple of days though, I’m like, this still feels good. You know, that’s what I should do. And I’ve done that. And I’ll tell you, like it made a difference. Also, you know, if I don’t get excited about it, I don’t do it. I mean, there’s times I’ve had people reach out that. In fact, just today I had somebody reach out that I knew immediately. Even just from their message that I wasn’t the person for them. And so I asked some follow-up questions, of course, just to kind of verify it. But my intuition said no, like it almost felt like the sinking feeling where everyone’s right. It feels almost lighter. Right? It just feels right. It doesn’t mean that it’s always going to go smoothly. I’ll remind you that it doesn’t mean you get this perfect little paved path, although they can happen.
That’s not always the case, but it feels right. And I’ll tell you, that’s when my business shifted. My business went from one. I reduced a lot of expenses and overhead to the point where I, 10 X my profits in about a year. But then, or within a couple of years, actually it was probably 5 X within the first year, 10 X after a couple years. But then even my revenue had gone like 10 X as a result of that. And so that’s the cool thing guys, is that when you listen to that intuition, the fear can go away. You can actually start to trust it more. So my advice to you is this is that. And again, it’s different for everybody. Sometimes you guys will feel it differently. You might get tingles, you might feel certain things. I would just say, go back to the decisions you made.
It might have been whether or not you should go on the date with that person that eventually became your spouse. Right? You just knew it. It was the right thing. That’s the thing is that when you get the right information, you know, even with investments, you know, I’ve told people, even with people that traded stocks, I said, listen, even if all the numbers look right, but something just doesn’t feel right. Don’t do it. That’s like investing 202. Is that regardless of what all the numbers say and the data says, if it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it when in doubt stay out. But if it feels right, that’s the time to do it. I don’t have a rhyme for that one. Sorry. But I could probably create one, but anyways, if it feels good, if it feels right, go for it.
Don’t let your fears pull you back in. I’ve had so many clients where, especially in the last several months, pulled back because of fear. And I’m here to tell you that most of that fear was unwarranted. It was not even worth it. It was all just mind games. They overthink it, right? Sometimes the best thing to do is to not overthink, feel it out, trust that instinct. Because that intuition sees things subconsciously that maybe your conscious mind can’t pick up on, but it knows trust it, go with it. And I’ll tell you that. Even for my investing, it’s been the best thing ever. You know, when I just liked the properties, go on from feeling, going off the gut. Even if the numbers say something one way, the gut tells me another, I go with the gut. If they both line even better, right?
We want that. If it’s good numbers and it’s a good feeling, it’s great! So guys, that’s my real advice to you guys. If you can really hone this skill, you’ll start to realize that you don’t have to have someone tell you what to invest in. You got somebody give you options. That’s a lot of times when I do with my clients. But I never tell them what to invest in when you perfect that, ability to say this feels right. Let’s go this direction. You perfect that? You will seriously, you will accelerate your progress. So anyways guys. That’s the advice I want to leave you with today. I hope you make it a wonderful prosperous week and trust your gut. Go with your intuition, go with that feeling. Make it a wonderful day. We’ll see you!

No comments: