Monday, February 15, 2021

122 Active Income Passive Wealth Show with David Phelps

Today at 12:00PM Eastern, David Phelps, CEO & Founder of Freedom Founders & host of The Dentist Freedom Blueprint Podcast is joining Bill & Wendy, LIVE on both Facebook & YouTube to discuss his background, how he helps dentists build wealth outside of Wall Street, and how Mastermind communities can help put you in the best position for your future.

While still in dental school, David began his investment in real estate by joint-venturing with his father on their first rental property.

Three years later, they sold the property and David took his $25K capital gain share and leveraged it into thirty-one properties that produced $15K monthly net cash flow.

Multiple health crises suffered by his daughter, Jenna (leukemia, epilepsy, and a liver transplant at age 12) caused David to create the passive income he needed to leave practice and make time for what mattered most.

Today, David is a nationally recognized speaker on creating freedom, building real businesses, and investing in real estate.

He authors a monthly newsletter, “Path to Freedom” and hosts “The Dentist Freedom Blueprint” podcast.

He is also the CEO of Freedom Founders, through which he provides hundreds of professional practice owners a blueprint to create Freedom in their own lives.

Time Stamp

0:01 - Introduction 1:57 - Today’s Guest: David Phelps 4:46 - David’s new book: “What’s Your Next?” 11:50 - How important it is to protect our time? 16:31 - How do you identify what gives you energy & How do you maximize that energy? 21:53 - Five Freedoms: Finance, Time, Relationship, Health & Purpose 30:00 - Where to buy the book: www.FindYourNext.com

Cash Flow Expo (Feb 18 - Feb 20):


Carolina Capital is a hard money lender serving the needs of the “Real Estate Investor” and the "Small Builder" borrower who is striving to build wealth and generate income for themselves and their families. We offer “hard money rehab loans” and "Ground-up Construction Loans" for investors only in NC, SC, GA, VA, and TN (some areas of FL, as well).

As part of our business practices, we also serve as consultants for investors guiding them to network with other investors and educating them in locating and structuring transactions. Rarely, if ever, will you find a hard money lender willing to invest in your success like Carolina Capital Management.

Subscribe: 

http://thealternativeinvestor.libsyn.com/rss
Visit our website: 

https://carolinahardmoney.com
YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzCFOvEt2n9TchgECLwpww/
Facebook: 

https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaHardMoney/

Listen to our Podcast:

https://thealternativeinvestor.libsyn.com/122-active-income-passive-wealth-show-with-david-phelps

--------------------------------------

Bill Fairman (00:02):

Hi, everyone. You know, we all constantly talk about how our lives are so much better and our businesses are better because of the influences that we have, you know, dealing with the smartest people in the room. We're going to have a great guest. Talk about his book and he has been a monumental mentor to us. Right after this So David Phelps, I know you guys have heard us talk about Dr. David Phelps and his freedom founders group. Again, been very instrumental to us in how our business has progressed, not just our businesses, but our personal lives as well. I'm Bill Fairman and this is Wendy sweet and Jonathan Davis. We are Carolina Capital Management. If, Oh, by the way, if you're a borrower and you're looking to borrow money in the Southeast, because that's where we lend, go to CarolinaHardMoney.com and click on the apply now tab. If you're a passive investor and you're accredited, click on the accredited investor tab. Don't forget to share like subscribe hit the button,

Jonathan Davis (01:25):

Hit the bell.

Bill Fairman (01:27):

Is that a bell?

Jonathan Davis (01:27):

It's hit the bell.

Bill Fairman (01:27):

Oh.

Jonathan Davis (01:27):

It's alright.

Bill Fairman (01:27):

I'm also old. So I can't see very good.

Jonathan Davis (01:29):

I just want to say something so said I something through this whole broadcast.

Wendy Sweet (01:32):

He snuck it in

Bill Fairman (01:35):

Later on, we'll be able to have someone else in the room speak. And by the way, if you have questions or comments, we have a chat box either to the right or to the bottom of your screen, depending on what platform you're viewing us from. So without further ado,

Wendy Sweet (01:57):

Ado, ado!

Bill Fairman (01:57):

David, thank you so much for joining us today.

David Phelps (02:01):

Well, Hey guys, it's great to be with you. It's always fun and yeah, I'll be interested to see how many other people get to talk besides Bill today. So I'll keep count on my side, alright? I'm watching it.

Wendy Sweet (02:14):

So we needed an independent score keeper. Perfect.

Bill Fairman (02:18):

I'm amazed every time I see you on video in front of your bookshelf. Have you actually read all those books?

Wendy Sweet (02:28):

Or is that just wallpaper?

David Phelps (02:28):

It's green screen. I take it wherever I go. That's always behind me. No, see, I can actually go back here and I'll pull up, you know, book here. Here's one, that's a real thing, you know, like the great Getty. So this is real books, real books back here.

Bill Fairman (02:46):

See, I don't have time for that. I have to do it in the car. So back in the eighties, it would have been cassette tapes. Back in the seventies, it would have been eight track that's right. And then now we can stream and do audible and better ourselves while we're in the car.

Wendy Sweet (03:05):

But I like paper. I love, I, in fact, I miss that. I audible a lot, but I like paper. I like turning the pages. I like making notes and that kind of thing. And just the smell of a book.

Bill Fairman (03:17):

Yeah. Paper helps you light your fires.

Wendy Sweet (03:20):

That's right.

Jonathan Davis (03:20):

Let's talk about paper

Bill Fairman (03:24):

So, as we said, in the beginning, you've been a monumental influence on our lives and we really appreciate it and one of the great things about you is that you're a giver and you are constantly wanting to give information. And I want to say this to the right people. And I'm not saying it because,

Wendy Sweet (03:52):

He's talking.

Bill Fairman (03:52):

I mean this in the greatest way of the right people. The people that actually want to take that information and do something with it. And in reading your book, the book is What's Your Next, by the way, we have a link to, how to get that book in our chat as well, folks. What kind of stuck out to me is, you know, the obstacles that we all run into in life, and it becomes a wake up call where you have to change course and we all know that there are no straight lines in nature. There's always going to be obstacles that are being thrown out in front of you. Talk a little bit about what your wake up call was, if you don't mind.

David Phelps (04:43):

Well, I was very focused on what my life was going to be when I was young, you know, I was in school and taking classes and I'm going to become a dentist someday, but I had to do all the college and graduate school stuff. But, you know, I'm on that path and kind of had laid out that, you know, I to have a family and this many kids and, you know, it's gonna all going to be good. Right? And my daughter, Jenna age two and a half, she was diagnosed with high leukemia, well this is something that I hadn't personally dealt with in my immediate family. Nobody in my immediate family ever had any really bad health issues. So this was like new and for the only child. And so it's like, you know, firstly, I just don't believe it. Right? And you think, well, this is kind of a mistake or it's a bad dream or something. But you know, what's reality sets in, it does those kinds of things change your life. You know, kind of, you know, watershed moments that, that can change your perspective. And it didn't change mine completely right away. I still felt like, well, we're going to get through this. And she did. She did. Jenna survived it. It wasn't easy, I managed to her. Her mother didn't survive, unfortunately, and it's a no fault situation. It's just, you don't know what you don't know and all the focus changes real quickly to, you know, what was about me and me building for the family and all the stuff you'd want to do right? And security. Now it's, you know, it's refocused totally on survival for your child, and that takes up, it takes a toll on other relationships. It takes a toll on a lot of other things because your focus gets driven to one thing. But, you know, Jenna survived that, she had some years of issues with epilepsy and had to take medication for that and then at age 12. She was in end stage liver failure, you know, a consummation of all the chemo and the drugs and medications. She take her to labor, you know, just didn't, couldn't filter it all. And so it quit working. And so that was another scary, very scary time that, gain, it's back to trying to figure out how to get her through this and through all that, you know, it finally, you know, it takes me a few times. I'm not, I'm very, hard-headed, I'm very stubborn. I probably like a lot of us. Right? And I'm not, you know, I'm not quickly, I'm taken off of track, excuse me, off of my track. But that time when Jenna was in the hospital and I'm actually sitting there her in her room watching her, you know, sedated, tubes, Ivy oxygen, and just watching her breath. Her breathing, and realizing how tenuous life is and that's when I had time to really think and reflect because you know, most of the time, I was always just doing, doing, doing. Just going hard. I was, you know, I had in my dental practice, I've always been involved in real estate, you know, love it all. I love it all. Love it all. Right? It's all great. It's all fun. And go, it's gotta be doing something, building something for the future. And I realized that, you know, that future might not come like the future that I wanted, which was the family. Right? And so here I am in trying to figure out, well, why am I still doing the things I've been doing of this point? Why am I still doing this? And could I, could I look at life there? What could I change course, would I, would God still give me and Jenna more chances? I mean, is she going to get through this? Because I felt like I'd been given some chances in, maybe I hadn't totally stepped up to the plate now, like I said, stubborn, hard headed. So that was the point in time when I decided I was going to make a change. I kind of drew a line in the sand right there in the hospital and started making my plans to sell my dental practice. And, you know, I didn't have it all figured out, but I made that decision and, you know, fast forward, I'm doing things a lot differently today. But I would say that if not for that serious moment in time, when I was sitting in the hospital with Jenna, that, you know, I now tell Him what I'd be doing today but I got to really focus on her. She's she made it through all that. She's, you know, almost she'll be 29 this year. Amazing that that little girl has grown up to a young adult. And, you know, her health has been better in this last third of her life, these last nine years than it was in the first 18 by a long shot. So a lot of blessings, a lot of learning for me. For her, certainly a difficult time, but also she, I think her character is stronger. She's resilient as most kids are, but she has a perspective of life that, you know, most kids, her age and her peer group don't have. And I think it's a healthy perspective also for the, you know, the blessings we have and that, you know, nobody has given a free pass, you know, on this earth. We, you know, we're going to go through tough times. We will until our last breathing days on the source. So how do we make the most of it? How do we potentially change that? The definition of what society and well, many people have told us, well, I supposed to be about that definition of success, right? It's what I'm talking about. And I was focused on my definition of success very early on. Well, I've changed what that looks like today. And, but I had to go through some, some iterations and some character remolding to change all that.

Wendy Sweet (09:59):

That's amazing. Didn't she write a book too?

Bill Fairman (10:02):

She did. She did. She wrote a book, gosh, it's been about eight years ago. But she wrote a book called Get Up and it was her story about what she went through. It was to be motivational inspirational to like her peer group, to other families and kids, because, you know, when you're going through all this stuff with a child and you're in and out of hospitals all the time when you're meeting other families with similar situations. And so there is a community spirit, which is great because you never want to do life solo. You know, you gotta find people, you gotta find a tribe people. And so that those support groups of other people are going through you bonded made friends because you know, the rest of the world's out there doing their thing. And you're in this group of seeing these same kids and families and they're in and out of the hospital and they're losing their hair and you get all the stuff, but it actually is kind of a cool community of people that, you know, have faith in are about surviving. That again, not everybody survives, but survives on earth. But, you know, with faith, you know, that even when days on earth end, that we do go to an eternal life and that's what you feel. So you have to deal with people that actually lost loved ones. And it's hard, it's hard. But that bonding, that community spirit I think what has also helped a lot of people. And so Jenna wrote that book to, because she was inspired to, you know, cause she had made it at that point. I mean, gotten through the worst, at least at that point in her life. So yeah, she, did write that book.

Wendy Sweet (11:27):

Yeah. I actually got a hold of that book at one of our meetings a few years back and my daughter read it and she absolutely loved

David Phelps (11:35):

I remember, yeah. Thank you.

Wendy Sweet (11:38):

That was really neat. So one of the things that I love about the way that you operate is the way that you have found a protect your time because time, you can't really put a price on it and it's something that once you spend it, you never get it back. So talk a little bit about how important it is to protect our time.

David Phelps (12:02):

Yeah. It's super important. We're actually, Bill was on call with me last night. We were doing some interesting stuff on kind of our behavioral profiles and people, a lot of people, and I'm one of those, you know, I like to help people. I like to give back if I know something, if I haven't experienced, if I can help somebody get through something faster without, you know, making the same mistakes I did, that's awesome to do. And so in life when we want to serve, but then there's a lot of people that will ask of us, you know, for our time. Because well, and that feels good. It feels good to be wanted. We want to feel wanted by other people we want to feel needed. We want to feel like we have something we can give back. So it's very difficult many times to say no, because we always want to say yes and so putting some boundaries on what you're willing to say no or yes to is very important. And I think to do that, you have to have some filters and those filters are built on really what your personal goals are in life and you need to lay those out. You need to be clear, not mine, aren't gonna be the same as yours or anybody else's, but you've got to lay those out and once you have those goals established and there's going to be categories of goals, I mean, there's self care, there's care for a certain group of people that could be your family, there could be your business. There could be your investors that are, you've got these filters and when something comes up and somebody asks you, and there's, there's giving this charitable giving of time and money. So when somebody asks you, you know, could you, Hey, Bill, Wendy, Jonathan could, you know, love to have you participate in our, whatever it is. You know, you got to look at your filter list and just decide, you know, what your allocation is and you've got to be able to say no with compassion, but realize if you don't protect your boundaries, then you're not going to be good for the areas that you've decided where you want to focus your time, your energies, your impacts so hard to do but I find that I get, I have to get help, you know, and that's why I surrounded myself with other people like you guys in the mastermind groups we're in because many times we need that perspective. We need a third party to just check ourselves against, you know, the side of accountability, you know, and if I have a concern about something like that, I'm going to ask, you know, people like you, who I know I can trust to give me objective advice and maybe perspective, maybe ask me some questions that give me clarity and I think it's really important that that we have that clarity, the filters and other people that can help give, keep us, give us straight with some guidelines and guardrails.

Bill Fairman (14:43):

It doesn't hurt to have that gatekeeper handy as welldav

David Phelps (14:48):

So that's an overall trick, right? That's another, it's a good trick, but my gatekeeper, yeah. We're talking about somebody that is actually on the front end of most of your communications. So now, I do not answer my phone. I will answer it if there's a scheduled appointment, but I don't answer my phone. It's never on vibrate or ring tone or anything. It's just in silent mode the whole time. My emails are all filtered by my assistant Lindsay. As my scheduling, my calendar is all handled by Lindsay. You and I, we didn't the three of us, didn't talk about setting up this meeting today, Lindsay set that up with your people and so she sets that up and then just tells me, you know, what to do, where to show up. But she also has guard rails. She knows to protect me my time, because it will get away. If you leave me to my own devices, I will be filling my calendar up with scattered stuff everywhere and she knows she's got to keep me like organized as straight because I do have a propensity to have a lot of ideas and I like to be involved with stuff. And you know, it's just, but yeah, you've got to have someone that helps you like, Nope, David, Nope, Nope. You're not doing that. By the way. How did you guys get through? I'm not, I'm just kidding. I got to go back and ask her about that. No, I would do this when you guys, any day of the week.

Bill Fairman (16:13):

Thank you.

New Speaker (16:16):

I wanted to ask you David, like, when figuring out when doing this, what gives you energy? How do you, you know, how do you know where to apply your energy? You create protection of time. How do you identify what gives you energy and then how do you maximize that?

David Phelps (16:38):

Yeah, that's really good, Jonathan. That's something that, you know, I talk about in the book is, you know, you're going through life, you know, you're starting with whatever your initial job career path may be, and it may be something you stay with. I mean, but I'm always talking, you know, the books about what's your next, so what's your next doesn't mean you have to leave one career path and just go completely something else. I mean, it can be, but it means you can iterate even in your, in your, in your path. Well, I mean, like for Bill and Wendy. You guys have been involved in real estate and mortgages going back many, many years, but you don't do today what you did back in 2008, that's an iteration. That's a what's your next, in my opinion. So, when you're looking for any kind of transition or pivot, you know, Jonathan, is it, you've got to follow your energy. I mean, because there's things in my, in life that, it drain. It drains us. Well, I mean, for me, it's, if I gotta sit through like long the boards, meetings that aren't well-defined, I mean, it's just like, Oh my gosh, you know? Now, put me on a meeting where if yeah, policies and things are happening and people getting stuff done, boom, okay. I can be in there, be energized. Another example is what I didn't realize until later in life is that doing small technical work, which is what a dentist does, you know, very small magnifiers on you're in the mouth. You're just dealing with, you know, micro millimeters. I could do that in chunks of time. I'm like, I like to get in fix problems and kind of get out, you know, and yet I went to courses that talked about doing these big, large rehabilitation cases, you know, cosmetic, implants where you'd have a patient sedated in the chair, like sometimes all day. Where, now, wears me out. I can't do that. See, I've gotta be moving. I gotta be moving. So for me, if I was still in dentistry, I would be very, very, defined about the fact that I would be the guy who would do like, triage and treatment plans and do some of the smaller cases. I would send the bigger stuff to somebody else who could do those, but you don't know that, and if you're not conscious of that, then you try to be all things to all people and do all things. It's ridiculous. You've got to find your lanes, you know, what are your strengths? What gives you the energy? Because if you're doing stuff that sucks your energy, and this goes for any of your great staff or employees, if they're the same thing, they may be smart and responsible but if they're in a place where the job duty that they've taken on, or you kind of put them on because you thought they'd fit there. If it's not their thing, cause it's sucking their energy, you're not going to last long. And you wonder, well, this is a good person. They had high marks on the da-da-da. And it's like, why isn't this working out? Well, there's a conflict in the drive and we're all different. And that's the neat thing about life is we're all different. So when you find complimentary skills and personalities and energy drives, you start to put those together. And that's what hums, but see, I never understood that. I thought early in life, you just had to show up and you just did whatever was in front of you and you don't have to do that your whole life. I mean, maybe initially, maybe initially we had to do jobs. I mean, like I worked on with a street crew and I, you know, painted the curves. And I mean, that, wasn't a job I want to do for the rest of my life. Cause, but you know, it was a starting point, but don't stay there is my point. Don't stay stuck in something that's not driving your passions. You can move even within your current construct, whatever that is and find that place like, ah, this is where I should be doing. Right? And let other people do these other cool things. So that's a great question. I'm glad you that that Bill lets you ask that one, Jonathan.

Jonathan Davis (20:13):

Well, I wanted to just, if I could add on to that, one of the things that I have found.

Bill Fairman (20:22):

[Inaudible].

New Speaker (20:22):

That I've found is to distinguish between an accomplishment high and truly something that gives me energy. Because like when I accomplish something, whether it's in the weeds or whatever, when it's done, I feel a high and you can almost mistake that for energy. It's taken me a while to realize like, yeah, if I dive into a title policy and spend hours looking at it and find something great, I accomplish it, I feel good but that didn't give me energy. So it took a while to figure that out for me.

Wendy Sweet (20:55):

Makes my head hurt.

David Phelps (20:57):

Oh, mine too. Mine too. But we know there's people that love to do that. Right? So you're kind of talking like checking off the list. Okay. Yeah. I mean,

New Speaker (21:08):

I mean, if you like to keep a list and check it off. [Inaudible] energy

David Phelps (21:13):

No, no. I mean, there's always a to-do list, but I think the key thing here is whatever you see that's needs to be done, you know, who can you find besides yourself to do the things that don't give you energy? So yes, there's these things that have to get done in the business in the day or whatever you're overseeing, but who's the who that could come in and actually do that where they love to do that. They love their detail. They love, the whole life is what could I find in the title policy that like, this, you know, needs to be brought to the surface here because they love that it's a discovery, right? It's like, ah, for me, it's like, no, you have habit, right?

Wendy Sweet (21:52):

Me too. You know, in your book, you talk about the five freedoms, finance, time, relationships, health, and purpose. They're all important. I find that, you know, I'm good at, I go through phases where, I really concentrate on two or three of those and I'm doing well, but the others drop off. Like, you know, COVID came and shut us all down and my health club shut down. You know, I've lost my health. I'm just now getting back into the exercise part and then, my purpose is off a little bit because now I'm making sure I'm exercising all the time. So talk a little bit about those five freedoms and even how can you keep focused on all five of them?

David Phelps (22:43):

Well, you're right, Wendy, it's difficult to focus on all of them all the time consistently. I kind of said it in the pyramid, right? So at the base is financial freedom but it's not the end all. I see, I think for too many people, it's like that becomes the end all. What's financial freedom? Well, what's that mean? Well, how much is enough? But we, you know, we talk about just to be very brief, we talk about, you know, the freedom number. So if you create enough passive income, which is real estate, we'll do that all day long to give you that base financial freedom at the base where you don't have to necessarily do something for work. Not that we would quit because we love to be involved, but when you have that, then the next fours you described, which would be time freedom, relationship freedom, health freedom, and pretty much purpose that it does. It opens up the opportunity to go more towards those. Because I don't know if people, if you all like me, but, you know, I was working really hard to try to find that financial freedom, you know, there's in my life and thinking that that was going to be a goal that I wouldn't get till quote, "retirement age", which is when's that? 65, some listicle age? And so, yeah, so I did the same thing. One, I didn't value my time. I would just, you know, it was just like crazy. I would just do her do her. Relationships. I mean, I put up with all kinds of people and things and staff and patients that today I would never do, but I thought I had to do it because I didn't have financial freedom. Health, same point. There was times in my life where, you know, when Jenna was sick and stuff, I'm not saying that that was a wrong excuse, but yeah, I let the health go and purpose, Oh my gosh, purpose, I didn't ever think about purpose and impact and meaning. I mean, again, that was something that was gonna be on my tombstone. So let's just put that on down the road. Right? So I think you're right. There's not going to be a perfect balance of all of those, but I think if you keep that pyramid in place and you look at it and, and as long as you are working towards that financial freedom goal, you don't have to have to hit it. But I think the ability for people to have the certainty that they're on a track, that's going to get them there. And not just this mystical retirement age that gives them the latitude to work up that pyramid into the other freedoms sooner and so you're not waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for that mystical Sunday and the, Oh, no! I'll get healthy. Now, I'll find good relationships or mend or relationships. Now I'll find my purpose. You know, now I'll get healthy, you know, too late, too late, gotta be doing it all along.

Bill Fairman (25:11):

You know, this is kind of an inside joke but if David had a family crest, it would be a triangle.

David Phelps (25:24):

Well, it's because I can draw it fairly well, fairly well. I mean, maybe not isosceles with perfectly even side, but I can sort of get it, you know, you see it, I can do it with my, if I can do that, I can do it. See, I can't do a square. I don't know how to do a square. I mean, maybe, see? It doesn't work out for me. So triangle works

Bill Fairman (25:42):

Well, you were hitting a little bit on purpose. Let's talk about legacy. You're next, people are always thinking of, well, what do I do next? And it all comes from your heart. Do you want, what kind of a legacy do you want to leave? You may have a family that you want to continue on generations. Maybe you don't. What other kinds of legacies are available to you in your next? And I'm assuming it's whatever driven in your heart to do so. What's your take on that?

David Phelps (26:15):

So I used to think in days past that the word legacy meant, you know, kind of what you would hand off to the next generations in terms of wealth, you know, money, you know, assets, you know, what you leave in your will or your trust? I mean, to me, that's what legacy was. And as I matured over the years, I realized, well, actually, you're living your legacy every day right now. Again, it's not that end game thing. Like when they're reading your will. No, no, no, that's too late. It's too late. You can certainly provide assets and resources and there's ways to do that, I think, efficiently and with responsibility.

David Phelps (26:52):

So I'm not saying that that's not part of it, but I think, legacy is more, not what you leave to people, it's what you leave in them. So again, I think that comes from who we are as people. Our heart, our character, our soul, our values and giving to people who will listen some of the wisdom and to be resourceful. You know, we're all entrepreneurs here. I think the world needs entrepreneurs, you know, we're risk takers, not unmitigated risk takers, but we're doers and the world's got to have people and I want to encourage other people, particularly young people today because, you know, I think there's a lot of, loss of a sense of, you know, what do I do with my degree, my education and my debt and, you know, do I just get railroaded into having to do some job? And I don't want young people to feel that kind of frustration or despair. I want them to realize that even in the midst of economic or political divisiveness or whatever it is, that there are always opportunities to, you know, to own your own path, to own your own freedom. You don't have to fall a path that says, society says, well, this is what you gotta do, because this is who you are. This is what you have, or this is a degree you have. It's like, no, no, no, don't. Throw that out. You can be your own person. So that's, I think legacy is way bigger than, you know, the wealth you leave to other people. It's what you can do constantly today, every day, what you do, maybe in just small ways. My dad, I just got to give you a quick story. My dad, he was a physician but I remember when I walked, when I was young and I got to go with him to do his rounds at the hospital, when I was old enough that he could take me and I would just be quiet and you know, stand in the corner, you know, but I remember going through the hospital and he would always acknowledge anybody that came, you know, whether it was in the cafeteria, custodian, I mean, a person relatively low on the totem pole of patient care, right? I don't care who it was and if they, if he knew their name, where they had named match, he called them by name. Now, to me, that's legacy because it's very small, but what kind of impact can you potentially leave somewhere each and every day. It can be that much, and it can be huge to the person you leave that in.

Bill Fairman (29:17):

Excellent.

Wendy Sweet (29:18):

You know, we can't help, but mention your book, Apprentice?

Bill Fairman (29:23):

Apprentice Model.

Wendy Sweet (29:25):

Yes. My teenage boys have re read that book too. And I love the way you talk about, you know, what they have available to them. And that's a wonderful book too. And I know we're not here to talk about that one, but I have to plug that one. Cause that's really, really good. And Jonathan has a, he's up next with his question.

Bill Fairman (29:44):

We are at the bottom of the hour and we are protecting each other's time.

Wendy Sweet (29:54):

We have so much more!

Bill Fairman (29:54):

And we have a ton of questions we could go through, but that's why you need to read the book and to get to the book, it is findyournext.com. Findyournext.com. It's available in bookstores everywhere as well but go here.

David Phelps (30:11):

Go to this bookstore.

Wendy Sweet (30:16):

That's easy to do.

Bill Fairman (30:16):

That's right. David, thank you so much for joining us today.

Wendy Sweet (30:19):

Such good info.

David Phelps (30:22):

Bill, Wendy, Jonathan, it's always a pleasure. Love you guys and love what you do.

Wendy Sweet (30:27):

Thank you so much.

Bill Fairman (30:27):

Thank you very much. Again, folks, we are Carolina Capital Management. We are a lender in the Southeast. If you are looking to borrow money, CarolinaHardMoney.com, click on the apply now tab. If you're a passive investor looking for passive returns, click on the accredited investor tab. Don't forget to share, like, subscribe hit the bell. I said it right this time.

Wendy Sweet (30:51):

Yes you did.

Bill Fairman (30:52):

And we have another show coming up here shortly where there's a link to it as well. Again. Thank you so much to David and we'll see you guys soon.

No comments: