Wednesday, March 24, 2021

128 Tony Javier's Rent To Own Program on Passive Wealth Show


Today on Passive Wealth Show, Tony Javier, Founder & CEO of Professional Home Buyers will be Joining Bill, Wendy & Jonathan. Tony shares what kind of different markets he used to handle, how he got into that kind of market and how to raise private money by establishing a credibility factor that reaches thousands of people. Tony has been an entrepreneur since he was able to start a lawn mower. He has always found ways to give the public a service that is needed. Today, he adds value to sellers by giving them an option to get their house sold in days and helps buyers with our Rent to Own a home program. Visit Tony Javier's website at www.RealEstateMastersTV.com to know the different stations/shows that have worked for them and many more. They can get you a good rate and shoot the commercial for you! All you have to do is answer the phone and start doing deals! They are also selling out a few markets right now so if you want to see if your market is open, go to www.RealEstateMastersTV.com. 0:01 - Intro 2:30 - Today's Guest - Tony Javier 3:34 - Real Estate Masters Podcast 4:16 - What market are you in right now? 7:08 - What was it that took you in that direction? 9:23 - What is CG Mastermind? 14:17 - What is The Commercial Target, Content and Call to Action? 15:28 - Time Slots and Channel Tracking 15:35 - Streaming Local Station Commercials 21:14 - Average Cost of TV Commercials 23:34 - Tony Javier's Real Estate TV: www.realestatemasterstv.com 25:48 - Carolina Capital Management: www.carolinahardmoney.com Carolina Capital is a hard money lender serving the needs of the “Real Estate Investor” and the "Small Builder" borrower who is striving to build wealth and generate income for themselves and their families. We offer “hard money rehab loans” and "Ground-up Construction Loans" for investors only in NC, SC, GA, VA, and TN (some areas of FL, as well). As part of our business practices, we also serve as consultants for investors guiding them to network with other investors and educating them in locating and structuring transactions. Rarely, if ever, will you find a hard money lender willing to invest in your success like Carolina Capital Management.

Subscribe: 
http://thealternativeinvestor.libsyn.com/rss

Visit our website: 
https://carolinahardmoney.com

YouTube Channel: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYzCFOvEt2n9TchgECLwpww/


Facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/CarolinaHardMoney/

Listen to our Podcast: 
https://thealternativeinvestor.libsyn.com/128-tony-javiers-rent-to-own-program-on-passive-wealth-show


--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Fairman:

Laptop. I have no choice. Hello! We are once again live while I'm running my mouth. Thank you so much for joining us on the Passive Wealth Show. Have you ever wondered in your business how TV advertising, local radio maybe, live stream can help your business? Well, we've got a great guest that's going to go over kind of the results that he's getting. Right after this. Thanks for joining us on the Passive Wealth Show. I'm tongue tied once again, because I've been running my mouth all week. Currently live at the CG meeting in Scottsdale. Jonathan Davis here to the right. Wendy is down there at the bottom. Doesn't mean she's at the bottom. She just happens to be sitting there.

Wendy Sweet:

You probably need those voice exercises [Voice exercises sounds].

Bill Fairman:

I'm not going to use that phrase. Don't even mention it.

Jonathan Davis:

Are you in the men's restroom?

Bill Fairman:

Yes, I am.

Jonathan Davis:

What are those doors behind you?

Wendy Sweet:

Looks like a stall.

Bill Fairman:

It's the door to the urinal. So we are Carolina Capital Management. We make loans to real estate investors in the Southeast. If you're a borrower interested in borrowing money, go to CarolinaHardMoney.com and click on the apply now tab. If you're a passive investor looking for passive returns, click on the accredited investor tab. Don't forget to like, share, subscribe, hit the bell, all that wonderful stuff.

Bill Fairman:

So I have to ask, what's been going on since I've been gone? Anything interesting?

Wendy Sweet:

Every day is interesting. We've been closing loans and selling stuff.

Jonathan Davis:

We're closing multi-family, cash 56 unit tomorrow.

Wendy Sweet:

That doesn't suck.

Bill Fairman:

Excellent. All right. Let's get right to our guests.

Wendy Sweet:

And all your beer is gone out of the refrigerator. Just let you know.

Bill Fairman:

What?

Wendy Sweet:

Just kidding.

Bill Fairman:

You guys have been partying since?

Wendy Sweet:

We wish.

Bill Fairman:

So our next guests, Tony Javier. He's doing a remarkable job with kind of having people self-select whether they want to do business with you. Utilizing. TV. I believe a little radio and podcasts as well. Tony, I'm not doing a very good job of introducing you. Welcome to the show. It looks like you're doing an awesome job out there.

Tony Javier:

Well, thanks. I appreciate it. I've never been interviewed by someone in a men's restroom. So this is a first for me

Wendy Sweet:

There's a first for everything. And you know, what I think is really cool, Tony, is we we've been running around this investor world so small and we run in the same circles. But we haven't really gotten to meet face to face. We have, zoom wise, but in real life. So it's really, really good to have you here. I was mentioning earlier how much I enjoyed watching your podcast and it's Real Estate Masters. Is that what it's called?

Tony Javier:

Yup. Real Estate Masters Podcast.

Wendy Sweet:

Yeah, it is really good. You've got some great people on there. Some really good friends of mine and people I've never heard of and all that was really, really good. Very impressed with it.

Tony Javier:

Well, thank you. Yeah, we were in the same mastermind six years ago together. We never officially got to meet, but I heard a lot about you and I think that's kinda how we connected. Was eventually through the that.

Wendy Sweet:

That's right. That's right. That's cool. Well, we're really glad to have you here.

Tony Javier:

Yeah. Thanks for having me. You guys are a lot of fun so far.

Bill Fairman:

Well, there was more to come. So Tony, what markets are you in right now?

Tony Javier:

Well, I live in San Diego, but my market is in Wichita, Kansas. That's where my real estate businesses. I have co-working space there. I have a flipping operation in a rental business and then I've got people all over the country doing TV that we've helped, we're helping on TV. So were in 30-some markets on TV, around the country.

Wendy Sweet:

Wow. Wow. That's amazing.

Bill Fairman:

I have to say one thing you're in San Diego and your businesses in Wichita. Does it blow your mind? The differences in prices between?

Tony Javier:

Oh my gosh. Yeah. My concept of money is totally different. In Wichita, Kansas, you can buy a house 450,000. 200,000 gets you a lot. 250,000 gets you a five bedroom, three bath, three car garage pool with a nice yard and San Diego. In San Diego, you can buy one car garage for 250,000. So it's dramatically different. Like I can buy, I can actually buy 10 houses in Wichita for what I would buy one in San Diego.

Bill Fairman:

But that's the beauty of investing in those areas where the whole values aren't going to increase and decrease. They're not that volatile and it's a great rental market. You're not necessarily looking for the cherry on top of the appreciation, but you get great cashflow from those types of properties and the price of admission is so you get to diversify your risk.

Tony Javier:

Yep. Yeah. We buy properties as low as $10,000. I would say, I haven't done the number on this, but I would say our average purchase price is probably around 70,000 and our average ARV, you know, 120, 130. So lots of different exit strategies. I don't do a lot of wholesaling, but we can wholesale. We can flip, we can rent those properties. Like you said, cashflow. Yeah, it's a great, great place to park your money for cashflow. If you're talking about passive income. I have a lot of people that from California and things like that, that will call our office and say, Hey, do you have any properties that you're looking to sell? And, you know, we keep a lot of our rentals and we don't typically sell our properties to landlords but every once in a while, we'll throw a landlord. If somebody wants to invest in real estate passively a property or so, but you know, this last year, even small markets like Wichita, Kansas have appreciated over 10%, which is totally unheard of. So it's kind of interesting what's going on in the market now, we're typically a three to four, maybe 5% in Goodyear, you know, types of appreciation. And even in the down years, it's like negative 1%, right? So it's not, not super volatile, but yeah, this last year we went up 12%, which is insane for the Midwest.

Wendy Sweet:

What, what made you pick that Kansas city area? I mean, what was it that took you in that direction?

Tony Javier:

That's where I was born and raised, born and raised for yeah. I spent 35 years there. So that's, went to college there. That's actually how I started my, or when I started my real estate investing career was in college at 21, but the no down payment system by Carlton Sheets, you guys have probably heard of that and dropped out of college with nine hours left to graduate. I was at Wichita state university and yeah.

Wendy Sweet:

Your parents were gonna kill ya.

Tony Javier:

Oh man, I still, yeah, I still get crap to this day, actually went back five years ago and took three hours because it was getting to that Mark where I was, I think, 10 years out or something like that and three of the three the hours dropped out so I didn't have to take those. So now, then I was down to six, then I took three hours and then I realized the last three hours, we're going to take a lot of time and energy. And I just, I still haven't done it. I'm three hours away.

Wendy Sweet:

I'll just, I'll make you a little piece of paper that says you graduated. Cause that's about all, it's going to be worth at this point in your life. Right?

Bill Fairman:

I know, I know. I was just going to do it to do it, but just like, just like a typical entrepreneur, I'd dive in there thinking I'm going to do it. And then I skip off to something else.

Wendy Sweet:

I get it. I get it.

Bill Fairman:

We have a tendency to chase those shiny objects. That's, that's one of the things about being here at CG. You always got to watch what you're doing. Everything sounds great. Stay in your lane.

Tony Javier:

Well, when we used to go to those masterminds, the CG mastermind. My president at the time, and I would say, let's just take one thing from that meeting and just laser focus and implement it cause like you said, man, we'd have like three or four pages of notes and it's like, we're just, we're going to do one thing. That's it. Three in the next three months before the next meeting, we're just going to do one thing and it did us pretty well.

Wendy Sweet:

That's the way to do it.

Bill Fairman:

It's amazing if you do it in a consistent manner, you know, those three months go by pretty quickly. Anyway,

Wendy Sweet:

Bill, you have a question over here about what is CG masterminds. So do a quick synopsis so we can get into the meat of Tony.

Bill Fairman:

Okay. Sorry. I'm over here on the private chat so I didn't see your question, Steve. I apologize. So CG stands for Collective Genius and it is a mastermind of a fairly high level, real estate investors. I say fairly because we're in the group and I think we were just grandfathered in for some reason, but it's a wonderful group. There's a, it's a community. It's your board of directors when you're in business for yourself, you know, you can't do it by yourself. You need others, especially people that are outside of your business to tell you, yes, you should do that. No, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

Wendy Sweet:

And that are way smarter than we are too. That helps.

Bill Fairman:

But you know, everybody adds to the group. Even the newest people that come in. The real young guys, it's funny, they'll come in and they'll show us all kinds of stuff that what? You're doing that? It's just a great community. I hope I answered that question properly.

Wendy Sweet:

Awesome. So, you know, what's really neat that all the things that you're doing on TV. Bill and Jonathan and I have had, we now have a little over a year of constant live streaming and you know, we've been really consistent about what we're doing here on the live stream and for Bill and I, as old folks, it's kind of hard for us to get into all this social stuff. But boy, is it paying off. It's just amazing how it's paying off and you know, we'd love to do more and you're talking about doing commercials and stuff. I really want to hear about what you're doing. TV wise, you know, that's kind of unheard of these days for people to advertise on TV. Tell us what you're doing.

Tony Javier:

Yeah. So I get that a lot. When I talk about TV, people say I've never heard of anybody doing TV for real estate, and it's a wide open lane right now. I've been doing it for nine years. So the way that I got started is I went to a poker game with a friend of mine, or at a friend of mine. And I saw this guy at the table and I'm like, Oh crap. I've seen that guy on TV. Like just kind of that celebrity status, like, you know, I've seen him on TV kind of thing. And just talk, start talking to him, normal guy who's a contractor and I asked him how his TV commercials were doing and he's, I'm totally crushing it with TV. And I said, well, that's cool. And he started telling me the numbers. He was doing like $2 million a year and most of that from TV. And he's like, you need to talk to my media guy. If you're doing real estate, you ought to get on TV and see if it works for you. And so I'm like, okay. So I get in touch with a media buyer. I had no idea how to do TV, how to get on TV, who had, you know, so the media buyer talk to me all through how to put a script together, shoot the commercial. He went and bought the media for me, negotiated the rates, all that kind of stuff. Within 30 days, I was on the air first month, I spent $3,000 and made 35 grand first month and I was hooked and I'm like, man, this is great. Like, and so fast forward to today, I've been doing it for nine years. It's built a ton of credibility for me, ton of credibility for my business. Helped me raise private money. It helps my other forms of marketing because people see you on TV and it's that celebrity status and the credibility, because we think about all the brands that you see, the big brands, right? A lot of them are on TV and a lot of them became big brands because of TV and people just, you know, when they see you on TV, there's different trust factor, there's that different credibility factor, you know, people will get 10 postcards and call us and they say, we called you and you only because we know who you are, we don't know who these other guys are. Right? And so yeah, it's been great. It's very automated. There's very little, if any competition in most markets, there's nobody doing TV and now we're helping people throughout the United States in different markets, helping them implement TV and get the same results that we're getting. Last year we did 11.2 X return on our money through TV. And I did it working on TV three hours, right? My team, you know, worked all the leads and all that kind of stuff, but just from the marketing itself I spent three hours on that marketing. Whereas there's some marketing channels, you spend three hours a day on, you know, texting cold calling and all that kind of stuff. So it's been great for me and I had someone that said, you know what, the real estate investment community needs something like this. So I launched a program and now I'm now I'm helping other people implement TV in their markets and getting really good results.

Wendy Sweet:

That's awesome. So are you searching for houses to buy on the TV ads? So what's your target on there? What are the content look like? And what's your call to action?

Tony Javier:

Yeah, it's similar to direct mail and all the other messages, right? It's, you know, we'll buy your house as is for cash. Ours is no fees, no commissions, no hassle, no repairs as is, you know, so we are looking for motivated sellers and you would think that being on TV would be too broad of a reach. But, you know, we can reach, you know, direct mail. You can reach a thousand people for about $40. For a thousand people, we can reach a thousand for about $5. Right? So then we can just, you know, it is kind of a, it can be somewhat of a shotgun approach, but with the way that I've tested and tracked and tweak things, it's helped us to basically figure out what's what channels are working. What shows we need to be on. So we don't spend so much money and that's the formula that I'm giving to people. So yeah, it's finding motivated sellers, just like you would with all the other marketing methods that are, that are out there.

Wendy Sweet:

Wow. So you're, I'm sure you're tracking the content. Are you also tracking time slots and what you're being played after or during, and, channels, you know?

Tony Javier:

Yeah. We've tweaked the schedule for nine years, right? We'll add these stations and shows and we'll take these away and then we'll spend money on this and it's not producing any more. We'll take that away. So we've done a lot in the last nine years to figure out what's worked what hasn't and I think that's why we've gotten 11 X return. I've done, I have eight variations of commercials that have worked well. I've probably done at least 12 total. So I've had like four or five that have not done very well and so I share that with my people like, Hey, I, you know, animated too much, or I did something in a commercial that just completely like, you know, tanked our results. Right? And then I put the other commercial back on and then it would, you know, do well again. So it's just like those little things that we've done throughout the last nine years. We love sharing with our people and yeah, it's tracking. It's tracking everything we're doing and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

Wendy Sweet:

That's cool.

Bill Fairman:

So are you doing shows like an infomercial or are you just doing commercials?

Wendy Sweet:

Yeah, just a 30 second commercial. We've done, so you mentioned radio, we've tried radio. Hasn't worked real well for us. We used to do an info spot on radio and it was probably a little bit more for branding. Right? So TV, you would think would just be just for branding, but it's not only branding, but it's also driving, I mean, people like my people that, cause we help them implement the commercials too. We will buy the media might say, media guy will help the people that I'm helping by the media and some people email us and say, did this go live today? And we're like, yeah, why? Well, we just, we got three leads this morning. Right? So, I mean, we're, we're getting like instant results off of our commercials. But yeah they're 30 second commercials. Short, sweet to the point and have a great call to action that, you know, if you've been thinking of selling your home, give us a call and we'll give you a free cash offer.

Jonathan Davis:

I love it. I mean, it's like that like we talked about that return on effort. Like, you know, you're, you're hitting lists, you're calling people, you're cold calling. I mean, there's a lot of effort that goes into that for usually not a whole lot of reward. You're doing a lot less effort and you're cutting out all of the, you know, trying to track people down. They're tracking you down. I love that.

Tony Javier:

Yeah, exactly. I call it return on time. You know, people talk on return on investment. For me, I love return on time. If I can put an hour into something and get an exponential return. Whereas if I'm spending, you know, eight hours a day, and even if I'm still getting a decent result in, you know, eight hours a day, that's still a lot of time you're putting into something. So, yeah, it's very automated. I've actually ran the same commercial, I think like 14 months in a row without changing it and still got good results. And the only reason I changed it, I'm like people probably get bored with this. So I just put something, you know, started shooting some more commercials and doing some different things. But yeah, super automated.

Bill Fairman:

Excuse me. Well, you know, I mean, you're absolutely correct about the credibility and people think they know you. We had a local HVAC company in our market and they were always advertising on the Carolina Panthers football games. And they had this goofy guy doing the commercial. His name was Bobby and he was a technician and people didn't show up to their house. They called the local company to come and give them an estimate on all new stuff. So it's pretty interesting how you do get that kind of a celebrity status thing going. Are you shooting any of these commercials on the streaming side of the broadcasters or is it strictly over the air broadcast?

Tony Javier:

Yeah. It's local station. So over the air, anything that's local, we hit the local stations. So like, you know, YouTube TV has local stations, Cox communications, I think even Hulu has local channels. Now, if I'm not mistaken, I'm not a Hulu guys, but I'm pretty sure they do. So yeah, so a lot of, even a lot of the streaming, you know, streaming programs have the local stations. So we stay on those local stations to make sure that make sure we hit those people and hit a broader audience.

Bill Fairman:

Is there any particular time of the day that it seems to work best?

Tony Javier:

Man, you're getting into my program already, Bill.

Bill Fairman:

Sorry,

Tony Javier:

He's in my program now. No I'm an open book. I'll share. So yeah, we do a lot of daytime stuff. We do daytime stuff. We do, you can get really inexpensive and that's the cool thing is our audience is different than a lot of people's audiences, so we can get cheaper commercials during the day cause you know, I don't know this for a fact, but you know, I'm assuming that because people are either lost their job or, you know, there's something that that's they're home during the day watching TV, right? Maybe they're third shift workers and you know, they're blue collar, right? Cause we catered to blue collar community. And if someone has having a financial situation or if they're having major repairs on their house and they just don't yet can't afford it. And they may be up at night. Right? So we hit a lot of late night spots as well that are, you know, dollar to $5. Right? So yeah, so like I said, we've tweaked and tracked many different things, but you know, daytime stations, the Jerry Springer is do well. I'll give you that tip. Jerry Springer does well for us. Totally.

Wendy Sweet:

So you keep saying inexpensive and I can't help, but you know, you hear TV commercials and you're thinking, wow, you are putting out some serious dollars to make that happen. So what's an average per month that you're spending on a commercial?

Tony Javier:

Yeah. So for us, you know, it's very market dependent. Some people say, you know, what does it cost for TV commercial? It totally depends on the market. It depends on how many stations you want to be on. It depends on how hard you want to hit it. Like, so for instance, you know, I've got one person that I advise them to spend at least 4,000 a month and they needed to be on at least two or three stations. He said, well, let me spend 1850. Cause he was spending 1850 somewhere else. He's like, I just want to compare side to side. What the returns are. So he spent 1850, I think he was only maybe on one station and he did $30,000 his first month, right?

Wendy Sweet:

1,850 bucks?

Tony Javier:

1,850. He did $30,000 on two deals his first month.

Wendy Sweet:

Wow

Tony Javier:

So that's on the low end. I don't advise anybody spending that little because when you come out of the gate, you gotta, you know, you need to hit as many people as possible. Right? So for me, I spent 3000 my first month, made 35. And right now, we're spending between five and 7,000 a month. I've actually gone up to 12 in my market. Just to test it, I just threw this big budget out there just to see if we doubled our budget. If we double our return and it tanked, right? We didn't do much more with a $12,000 budget than a $6,000 budget. So those are a lot of things that, like I said, I teach people and go through. But yeah for Wichita, Kansas, which is about 400,000 people, if you look at the surrounding areas that it hits, we actually probably hit closer to 800,000 people. We spent about $5,000 a month. It gets us a good reach and a good return.

Wendy Sweet:

Well, that's less than direct mail.

Tony Javier:

It can be. Absolutely. Yeah. Like I said, direct mail, you're hidden, you're a little more targeted, but you're spending more money and then direct mail doesn't brand, right? Like if someone gets a piece of direct mail, they throw it away. They probably forget who you are. If they see you, even if they don't call you that they'll hopefully remember you in a month or six months or 12 months down the road when they're looking to sell.

Wendy Sweet:

Yeah. People are, most people are visual anyway.

Bill Fairman:

So it's hard to see your smiling face when it's in a garbage can.

Tony Javier:

You're exactly right.

Wendy Sweet:

So tell us about your program. You've mentioned it a couple of times. I want to hear, what is it, how long is it, you know, how can people find out about it?

Tony Javier:

Yeah. So you guys put it on there. RealEstateMastersTV.com. It's a great program. I just deep dive into everything that I know about TV. I've kind of mentioned some it like what stations have worked for us, what shows have worked for us, how to shoot the commercial. It just dives into everything. What's worked, what hasn't worked, you know, there's different things that I've tried in different commercials that have done really well. And some that have tanked. So I go through all that with my students. And then on top of that, you know how it is, people buy courses, they buy programs and they just don't use it. Right? They just get too busy or, you know, that kind of thing. So we actually do a lot of the work for you. So we'll actually use my media guy. We'll negotiate rates for you. We'll use my schedules that have done really well for me go to the local stations in those areas, negotiate really good rates because he's a media buyer, they answer to him faster. He gets better rates. He's totally streamlines the process within about a week. He can get a really good schedule together for somebody. And then he also has a production team. So the same production team that's produced my commercials and many other people throughout the country. He'll produce the commercial for you as well. And the only thing that anybody has to do is if they want to be in the commercial, which I highly recommend them being in the commercial for credibility, they go shoot the commercial. We pretty much do the rest for them. All they have to do is answer the phone and start doing deals. So, yeah, and we only sell so many spots per market. So we were actually selling out quite a few markets right now. And so if anybody wants to see if their market's open, they can go to RealEstateMastersTV.com.

Wendy Sweet:

Wow. That's awesome.

Bill Fairman:

And I hate to do this, but, and time flies when we're having such a wonderful time, but we've reached the bottom of the hour. I mean, it really did fly by.

Tony Javier:

Oh it did. Yeah.

Jonathan Davis:

It's great stuff, great stuff.

Bill Fairman:

Absolutely. Great content. I'm a little bit ticked off that. I spent so much time bantering about the bathroom behind me. Awesome content. Thank you so much. Folks. Thanks again for joining us on the passive wealth show. Tony's information is over in the chat. So click on and get there. We are Carolina Capital Management. We make loans in the Southeast to real estate investors. If you're a borrower interested in borrowing money, just go to the apply now to him at CarolinaHardMoney.com. And if you're a passive investor clicking on the accredited investor tab. Don't forget to share like subscribe hit the bell and all that good stuff. Our next show is linked here in the chat as well. That'll be coming up. We're a minute late already, but we'll be there. I promise we're going to answer some ugly questions. Have a great day, ya'll.

Wendy Sweet:

Thanks.





No comments: