Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Dr. Paul White of RealNumberz

https://www.jayconner.com/dr-paul-white-of-realnumberz/

Jay Conner is joined by none other than Dr. Paul White, the founder and CEO of White Orthodontics, and author of several best-selling books.
White Orthodontics is a high-end, technology-focused orthodontic practice based in Virginia.
Dr. White created RealNumberz with his son, Trey, to utilize the latest technology to “supercharge” his real estate investments.
RealNumberz is the only comprehensive software application designed to help investors manage a diverse set of assets that includes rental properties, private lending, fix-and-flip, and fix-and-hold projects, as well as mortgage notes and syndications.
This incredible software eliminates investor anxiety by using real-time data and an automated reminder system to allow real estate investors to maximize their returns with 50 percent less time.
Paul believes the key to achieving financial freedom has as much to do with optimizing your existing investments as it does with acquiring more of them.
RealNumberz is the easy-to-use solution for the ongoing problems associated with late or inaccurate rents, incorrect note payoffs, uncontrolled and over-budget rehab projects, “yield drag”, and much, much more.
RealNumberz has helped many of its clients save thousands of dollars and manage their real estate investments from their pockets! Go to https://www.realnumberz.com to see how you can “supercharge” your portfolio with this amazing software!
Real Estate Cashflow Conference: 
Jay Conner is a proven real estate investment leader. Without using his own money or credit, Jay maximizes creative methods to buy and sell properties with profits averaging $64,000 per deal.
#RealEstate #PrivateMoney #FlipYourHouse
————————————————————-
Jay Conner (00:00):
Well, hello there and welcome to another episode of Real Estate Investing with Jay Conner. I’m Jay Conner known as the Private Money Authority. Also the host of the show today. And if you’re brand new to the show, we talk about all things that relate to real estate investing. We talk about how to find off market deals, motivated sellers. We talk about how to get your deals funded without relying on banks or mortgage companies also talked about how to rehab houses. We talk about how to sell them fast. And just as importantly, we talk about how to automate the business because after all, why are we in this business? Well, we’re in the business for the wealth and the freedom. So we’re not looking to replace our day job with another job, called real estate investing. We’re looking to run the show to where we are running our business and our business is not running us.
Jay Conner (01:03):
Well, again if you’re brand new, I started back in 2003 in Eastern North Carolina, investing in single family houses. And for the first six years, until 2009, I relied on the local banks. I got cut off like the rest of the world did in January, 2009, after being in the business for six years. And I learned about this world of private money and private funding. How to use people’s individual investment capital and their individual retirement accounts to where I can have an unlimited number of private lenders into an unlimited number of private deals. As of today, my wife, Carol Joy, and I have got 49 private lenders individuals, just like you, that are investing with us and and funding our deals. So if you are also interested in learning how you can get funding for your deals and not ever miss out on another deal, because you didn’t have the money and you don’t want to rely on your credit, you don’t rely on your verification of income and your credit score.
Jay Conner (02:05):
I’ve got a free gift for you. And that free gift is to come join me, access free for the first 30 days to my new Private Money Academy membership. So why in the world would you want to come check me out for free? Well, first of all, you get me live two times a month in a Zoom coaching call in the group setting for all of the members. Right now, we’ve got about 150 members or so, and it’s growing very, very quickly. We do that twice a month. You can bring all of your questions to the Academy membership, Zoom call. And we also update content every month, talking about locating deals and funding and et cetera. And on each Zoom coaching call twice a month, we put one of the Academy members such as yourself in what we call the hot seat, where we analyze your business, figure out what your challenges are and help you put together a plan to help take you to the next level in your business.
Jay Conner (03:04):
So come join me for free for the first 30 days at Jay Conner, www.JayConner.com/Trial again, that’s Jay Conner, JayConner.com/Trial. You will absolutely love coming and checking out these Zoom calls and et cetera, with all the benefits that you get as being in the membership. Well, if you are brand new to joining the show, you may not know this, but if you’ve been tuning in for awhile then my lands, we launched June, 2018. We’re almost North of 300,000 downloads and growing very, very quickly. I have some amazing experts here as guest on the show. Well, today is no different. Let me introduce to you my friend and expert. Well, this gentleman is the founder and CEO of a company called White Orthodontics, which is a high end technology focused orthodontic practice in Virginia.
Jay Conner (04:12):
And he’s also the author of several bestselling books. Now this gentleman also created a service that is called Real Numberz that ends in a Z. And he created that with his son, Trey, and the reason he created it, they created it was to utilize the latest technology to supercharge their real estate investments. Well, here’s what Real Numberz is about. It is the only comprehensive software application that’s designed to help real estate investors manage. And that’s the key word because this gentleman is an expert when it comes to managing deals after you bought them, which is a challenge for some people, but he designed this software to help real estate investors manage a diverse set of assets, which could include rental properties, private lending. There you go! Fix and flip properties, buy fix and hold properties, as well as if you’re into notes, mortgage notes, or syndications, his software will also help manage those investments as well after you get in.
Jay Conner (05:25):
So this incredible software that he and his son Trey developed eliminates the number one investor anxiety by using real time data and an automated reminder system that allows real estate investors to maximize their return with 50% less time of yours involved in the deal. He also believes the key to achieving financial freedom has much to do with optimizing your existing investments as it does with acquiring and getting more investments. Well, his software Real Numberz is that easy to use solution for the ongoing problems associated with later inaccurate rents, incorrect note pay offs, uncontrolled or over budget rehab projects, and much, much more. In addition to that, this software has helped many of their clients save thousands of dollars and manage their real estate investments from their pocket. So with that, let me welcome my friend to the show and expert Dr. Paul White. Hello, Dr. White!
Dr. Paul White (06:35):
Hey Jay, how are you doing?
Jay Conner (06:37):
I am Fantastic! And just for the sake of these, may I call you Paul on the show?
Dr. Paul White (06:42):
Oh, please do.
Jay Conner (06:45):
So. Welcome to the show Paul. So glad to have you. Of all the experts and guests that I’ve had on this show. I haven’t had anybody else come on the show with this type of software and this kind of service to help real estate investors. I mean, in my business still today, we keep up with everything on an Excel spreadsheet. Seems to work pretty well since our average profits are 67,000, but you know, one of the four pillars that I teach in my business is what I practice. And that is automation. I actually work in the business less than 10 hours a week because of automation, other software we use and the team we have. And so I’m so excited to hear about this automation software that you and your son Trey have developed.
Dr. Paul White (07:33):
Well, Jay, thank you so much for having me and, you know, I appreciate so much what you do and the great coaching that you give your clients. And it’s an issue that I have seen. It’s the same thing you just said. There’s just not much out there, right? We’ve never had anybody on that talked about this stuff. And it was a problem that I had and, went to solve the problem by looking for software. And all I found were spreadsheets and things like that. And I had sort of a bigger list of things I wanted to accomplish. And so spreadsheets are great, but they don’t take care of everything that you want to do with them. And so as a matter of fact, I was a member of a mastermind years ago, and I’m doing a lot of what you were coaching and that is to acquire stuff.
Dr. Paul White (08:09):
You know, I had been for too long that guy that did what Dave Ramsey said, and that was to just save your money and pay off all your debts and do all those things. And that’s great if you’re in debt or if you have, if you can’t manage your money, but it’s not a great formula for managing wealth , and so anyway I started, you know, I had some money saved up. So when I got into these masterminds, I started, you know, acquiring a bunch of assets and I was feeling really good until the phone started ringing, you know, for more money and, you know, verifying payoffs and all this stuff. And I just started going, Oh my gosh! You know, what do I do? And here’s the problem. I went and talked to some of the guys in the group that had been in there before me.
Dr. Paul White (08:43):
And I said, what are you doing to kind of keep track of all this stuff? And surprisingly the answer was nothing, you know, and occasionally the really sharp guys were using spreadsheets. And so then I asked, okay, well, what, what kind spreadsheet? And one guy said, well, I got this one off the internet. And other guy said, well, I got this from my brother-in-law. And I looked at him and they weren’t even the same, you know, and as orthodontists, we were like things nice and straight and neat, and even, and I just, I wouldn’t see in any kind of congruency there. So it made me a little nervous. So that’s sort of how it got started.
Jay Conner (09:11):
There’s no doubt. There’s a huge demand for this type of service. Let me go to your background for just a moment.
Dr. Paul White (09:17):
Sure!
Jay Conner (09:17):
Please share with me and the audience, your story. You’re a doctor. And you know, you can straighten people’s teeth, right? And then you got into real estate investing along the way. So let’s hear your backstory.
Dr. Paul White (09:31):
Well, you know, thank you for the question, cause it’s a great question. And it’s a lot of what we wrestle with it, you know, Warren Buffet famously said, you know, if you don’t make money, while you sleep, you work till you die. And that was sort of a, you know, kind of a crazy thing. And the Aha moment for me was when I finally understood the difference between income and wealth, you know I have a great job, but as Kiyosaki would say in his book, Cashflow Quadrant, I owned my job and that was all I had. I didn’t have wealth and I wasn’t building any wealth I was just working. So, you know, just like you’re trying to do with your clients, we’re trying to have freedom. You have to have income for that. Actually I have to have wealth from that.
Dr. Paul White (10:08):
And I had income and I didn’t have freedom. And even still with my job, I own a good job and I make a good living, but I can’t leave the job for more than, you know, a week or so because of the amount of work that it creates before I leave and the tremendous amount of work that leaves when I get back. And so you just never gone very far and you’re always, you know sort of tied or chained to the practice. And so that was sort of a big Aha for me, is understanding that if I’m going to have some more freedom, I have to have something that’s making money while I’m not there. And for me, orthodontics was not that, not that thing. I love it it’s been great, but I started looking for other ways to make money and I discovered what you know, and what all your clients have known or will know.
Dr. Paul White (10:46):
And that is that all the wealthy people in the world that are successful have real estate as a major portion of their portfolio, if not all of it. And so including our current president. Thanks. So, anyway it’s one of the things that I’ve learned is that real estate is the way to go. And, as I said, when I was in this mastermind sort of, you know, a little hand holding and trying to learn how to learn the ropes I just found that no one was keeping track of things. And so you see these pictures of messy desk and and so mine, wasn’t a messy desk. It was on a pool table. So I had paperwork spread everywhere and I was just excited, you know, I was acquiring stuff left and right. And I was just leaving this pile of, paperwork and assets behind me.
Dr. Paul White (11:26):
And I thought, that’s all I had to do. Right. Cause you hear the term passive income. And so I thought that was it right? I’m there I’ve arrived. And then, you know, the headaches started coming and the questions started coming and you’re getting a lot of emails and phone calls asking for more information or more money or any of these things. And I just started going, Oh my gosh, how am I going to handle this? So my, momentary moment of sort of peace and I feel finally arrived and I’ve got it going, just sort shattered into the reality of my portfolio was chaos. And so I had to find a way to get control of it. And and that’s when I went to my son. Cause I know you mentioned you know, spreadsheets Excel. And to be honest with you, I’m a little intimidated by that.
Dr. Paul White (12:08):
It’s not that I don’t like numbers, but for some reason I never learned Excel and all the other software that I ever learned, I just sort of picked it up and started working with it. So, and I can do the basics in Excel, but I can’t really do, you know, create all the sales and do those kinds of things. And so I asked my son who is a programmer. I said, can you make me an Excel spreadsheet? And he said, sure, what do you want on it? And so I told him a few things and as he’s programming, I said, I started asking more and I started adding more things. He goes, alright, do me a favor before I keep this madness going, make a list of all the things you want this to do, and then I’ll make it happen. Right? And I made the list and I handed it to him and he goes, he said, data, a spreadsheet.
Dr. Paul White (12:42):
I mean, spreadsheets, can’t do this kind of stuff. I said, If I said, so what are we doing? He goes, you need an app. And I went, A what? Cause I had no idea what an App was Right? And so that’s how we started Real Numberz. And that’s been the, probably the most rewarding thing for me has been to have these ideas of how I want to manage my real estate and all the different investments that are real estate related investments have him sort of have these ideas in my head and I write them down on a piece of paper and he makes it happen. Now in the software world, they call Wire Frame is how you plan out every little step in the development of software out. And I, I call what I’m doing, you know, Wire Frame me. He said, dad, just writing crap on a piece of paper.
Dr. Paul White (13:20):
You’re not Wireframing so, that’s been kind of fun, but it’s been amazing. Number 1, to recapture some of the money or my investment in his education. And number 2, to be able to work together with him and sort of work through these tools. And to be honest with you when it first happened, you know, and I looked at for spreadsheets, I go, well, there’s gotta be something else out there. And I looked everywhere for some software that was as comprehensive as what we’ve created and there’s nothing out there. So that’s been, you know, my why for 30 years was to make the quality of orthodontic treatment in the Richmond area better than it was when I got into it. And now my why’s to help real estate investors know their numbers so they can get to freedom faster.
Jay Conner (13:59):
I love it! S, what different, before we actually get into what Real Numberz does.
Dr. Paul White (14:07):
Sure!
Jay Conner (14:07):
And the benefits of it. Because it definitely sounds multifaceted as to what it will do before we get into that. What type of different business models can this software serve and help real estate investors? For example, my business model is two fold. I either buy them in single family houses. So we’re talking to here all single family houses, I mean, in my case. So that will be a subset of my question. What different business model is that many single family houses only is it also commercial? We’ll get to that in a second. But in my single family house world, I’ve got two business models. I buy them. Business model, number one, I buy them, I fix them up. I flip them, I cash out, right? So we kill the golden goose, no wealth right there.
Jay Conner (15:01):
That’s just big checks. My second business model or that I do with other deals is I’ll buy them. If they need fix up, I’ll fix up. If they don’t need fix up. And they’re a pretty house in either case. The second business model is I sell on rent to own. Now what makes my rent own or selling a lease purchase different is I actually believe it or not actually require my buyers to enter my credit repair program. And I actually help them get a mortgage. Therefore, 80% of mine cash out. Most of the real estate investors may be 5% cash out on least purchase. Those are my two business models. So leading up to my question what are the different models that Real Numberz will serve?
Dr. Paul White (15:54):
Yeah, that’s a great question. Well, you know, what’s so funny about software and this is a true expression software’s never done. So you have this long runway of things that we’re trying to accomplish. And, basically real numberz is divided into four basic buckets. One is real property. The next one is private lending. The third is mortgage notes. And then the fourth is funds and syndications. And so within the real property space you can it takes care of any kind of property think of multifamily, single family you know, self storage, all those kinds of things. And, and what’s really neat about it is also there’s a dashboard for the entire portfolio. And so what we’re trying to build is a piece of software that not only manages all of your properties or all of your assets day to day as needed, but it also gives you a global input about how you’re doing as far as having some kind of target date for retirement or job transfer or, you know, whatever it is that you’re trying to do.
Dr. Paul White (16:49):
And so what we’ve gotta do is have weighted average returns on all those things. And that’s a pretty complicated piece that we’re building. As far as real estate now, all there’s a general ledger for the entire portfolio for your entire asset base. And so, regardless of what kind of assets or different types of assets you’re doing, there’s a ledger that keeps track of all the money coming in and out of your portfolio. Then each individual asset has a ledger as well. And so it obviously takes care of transactions. And then those ledger items are then used to drive analytics, and then eventually it’ll drive tax reporting as well. And one of the features that we added to it, what’s sort of speaks to your fix and flip is I, years ago I was buying active turnkeys, like you’re talking about.
Dr. Paul White (17:35):
And I had bought a piece of property and and from a guy in CG and so they were rehabbing it. And then I got an email that said we needed, you know, $8,000 more. And so I just wired the money site on scene. And, you know, one of the challenges with professionals, doctors, dentists, lawyers, whatever is at least for medical professionals, is we do whatever it takes to make things right for a patient, even if it costs us money. So we’re just, you know, we just want people to trust us. So we do whatever it takes. And we tend to have that same mentality with those that we work with. And what I’ve discovered in all other walks of life is not everybody’s that way. And even there’s some, I guess, in the medical profession, not the way, but I don’t know any of them.
Dr. Paul White (18:15):
And so we’ve just always done whatever it takes to make it right. So there’s a high level of trust. So if somebody said I needed $8,000 more, I just would wire the money. Right? I don’t do that anymore, but that’s what I did when I first started. And it turns out after the the property had been rehabbed and closed, and then we had a tenant in place. We had actually then just finished creating real numberz. So I went back and just to play with the software, entered in all of the the data from the acquisition. And it turns out that that $8,000 was $8,000 over the budget. And I didn’t know it, and I had no clue. And and so I called the property management. So what’s the deal with this $8,000 is, Oh, we put new windows in the house and I go, well, great!
Dr. Paul White (18:53):
I’m not saying I wouldn’t have done it, but that certainly would have been a decision I would have liked to been involved in. And so that really sparked me to create one of the features of a real property is a thing called a rehab tracker. And so you create a budget and you create as many different rehab projects as you want to name them. And then you put the amount of the budget, and then you start making deposits towards that budget, which come off your balance sheet, but then any of the charges against those do not, again, hit your, ledger again. So it keeps track of those things, and it keeps a running balance of how much money was spent in those kinds of things. So it can certainly be used for that. If you’ve got a business where they’re flipping a bunch of houses all the time, you know, there are other softwares out there where you need a professional to help you develop it for you, but for the average investor, it’s a great, it’s a great solution.
Dr. Paul White (19:37):
That’s a fairly inexpensive to be able to manage those things, and then to have the property and track the income, if you’re renting it as far as the the selling part of it, it’s one of the things that’s actually in development is a sell feature that then you create a subject to, and then seller finance the houses as well. So in our mortgage note section, we already have that capability. So you can then turn and open that app up in the mortgage part, and then keep the mortgage that way, if you want it to. But eventually I want to meld the two, but we’re trying to get a basic program that works for enough people. Cause that what you’re talking about is fairly sophisticated. So,
Jay Conner (20:12):
So you mentioned there’s actually four different categories for Real Numberz, one was flipping, Right?
Dr. Paul White (20:22):
Well, real property in general. Yes.
Jay Conner (20:24):
So just real property though whether you’re flipping or holding,right?
Dr. Paul White (20:27):
right, right.
Jay Conner (20:28):
And then you said private money or private lending. Tell us how.
Dr. Paul White (20:31):
Yeah.
Jay Conner (20:32):
Tell us how the software helps that category.
Dr. Paul White (20:37):
That’s ,Thank you for the question. Yeah, one of the things that’s funny is, you know everything that we do in Real Numberz, I wanted everything lifestyle wise to be able to my portfolio from my pocket. So everything you need is stored on the app. Your pictures, your photos, your contacts, your documents,security duct, documents, all those things are right there in the app. And so one of the things that’s interesting if you’ve done, I know you have, but I don’t know about your listeners that have done private lending, but you know, at some point in time that the borrower wants to pay you back. And so they want you to verify the payoff. And again, because of my ignorance and inexperienced, I just assumed when they gave me a pay-off amount, I went, yep, that’s right. And it turns out I went back and checked them off by several thousand dollars or one of them.
Dr. Paul White (21:18):
And so, and I typically lend out of my self directed IRA for those, those types of investments. And so one of the things that I kept noticing was the sense of urgency when they want to close all of a sudden, they out of the blue, they need to close some cause some deals coming up or they need money. And so anyway I got an email one time that said,we want to close this deal today, if possible, can you verify this pay-off? And I got, well, you know, my stuff, the documents are on a pool table back in my house. I don’t even have them here at work. And I’ve got my hands in somebody’s mouth all day. And so, I said, I can get it to you as fast as I can.
Dr. Paul White (21:52):
And so, you know, worked all day. And then I went home and then I found the folder. At first I had things in piles on the pool table, my wife at least put them in folders put address on. So I found the folder and I find the the promissory note and I started doing the math. And at first I didn’t even understand that. So I’m doing it monthly, which is not the right way to do it either. And so of course now know that. And so I did the math for how much I was owed. Then I had to log into my self directed IRA account, find that asset, then look at all the amount of money that had been paid to me and then subtracted them, and then add it back to my original principle. And five hours later, I got the instant pay-off for him.
Dr. Paul White (22:27):
And I was like, well, there’s gotta be a better way to do this. And so, because each asset, regardless of whether it’s your lending or flipping a house or whatever, has its own ledger, you’re tracking all the payments that you’ve received, which actually saved me a lot of money in the long run. But anyway, and so it knows the deal of the, of the original note, even if you’re wrapping somebody, which you can do, you can have a, we shouldn’t use the term JV, but a partner in the terms it’ll keep track of what the partner what his portion of the deal is. If you’re wrapping somebody. And when you hit, pay-off, there’s a button called pay-off and you hit that button, select a date, and it’ll give you the pay-off amount instantaneously. And it’s accurate. I closed five lending deals in January and every one of them was wrong to my favor, you know? And so it’s nice to have a piece of software. I just pull it out of my pocket and do find the, you know, open the app, find the asset and then push a button. And it tells me what I need. So it takes no time. And, It’s really kind of fun to be able to do that and people know, I know what I’m talking about now, so.
Jay Conner (23:25):
That’s awesome! So that’s,
Dr. Paul White (23:27):
yeah,
Jay Conner (23:28):
That’s an App or that category confirms to the private lender as to how much they should be paid off.
Dr. Paul White (23:37):
That’s right. So, yeah. And so it’s great for me. So I’m doing mostly most of the lending, so it’s telling me to pay off what it should be so that they, and they want me to verify it. So that’s the way that it works best. What’s really interesting is again, before I hadn’t created the software with my son I went back and again, sort of historically looked at a deal I’d done. And it turns out that they had missed a payment to my IRA. And I just thought, I didn’t really understand what a custodian did. I just thought they keep track of all the payments and call them when there’s a missed payment. And then they will give you some analytics to tell you how much money they’re making. And it turns out that that’s not right either. I looked up the word custodian means, it hold your stuff.
Dr. Paul White (24:19):
You know, so I had closed the deal. I went back and just entered all the numbers. And this particular borrower had not paid a $1,500 payment during the whole transaction of the whole note. But then they closed the note as if they had paid that. So I missed a $1,500 payment, you know, and didn’t even know it and had already closed the note. So I couldn’t get that money back. So the app, just for that reason alone has saved me thousands and thousands of dollars. And it’s been great. And we hear that same thing from other investors that use the software.
Jay Conner (24:50):
And I suppose that, of course, for the app to give you an accurate pay-off, then when you receive money you or someone is putting in the App, Oh, I received.
Dr. Paul White (25:03):
that’s right.
Jay Conner (25:03):
$1,500 payment on such and such a date. So it’s keeping up with what you have received so far.
Dr. Paul White (25:09):
Yeah. And even if you get part of your capital returned, it’ll track that as well. So it’s really doing the math based on what you’re owed and what you’ve already received. And so that’s really, you know, and again, if you have a lot of these going, it’s hard to keep up with that kind of stuff. You know, spreadsheet can do it, but you know, what’s great about this software is it sends me a reminder of somebody misses a payment. Now, again, my need was somebody didn’t pay me and I didn’t know it cause an IRA is not calling them. I thought they were right. So, now I get a reminder if the payment has not been entered as received into the software. And so it’s a great way for me not to have to scan all the investments all the notes that I’ve got to see if there’s a problem. You know, it tells me if there’s a rent, a missed rent payment, it tells me I don’t have an interest payment from a loan, or if a note, a monthly payment hadn’t been made, all those things I know without having to go looking for it. So it really does make it easy to it reduces my stress and it alerts me when there’s a problem. So I can kind of keep doing what I’m doing and not have to worry about it all the time.
Jay Conner (26:06):
Dr. Paul White’s website, that you can check out Real Numberz is www.RealNumberz.com , Paul there’s two other categories you mentioned that this software keeps that where, so it keeps up with any kind of real property investment keeps up with private money when you are the lender and what was the third category?
Dr. Paul White (26:32):
Well, the other is a mortgage note, and I make a distinction between private lending and mortgage notes, because it’s a longer term investment and what’s unique about, and you can do these things with a lot the private lending, but a lot of private lending is usually straight answers with some points. And so what’s interesting with mortgage notes is you know, it’s an amortizing investment. And so it keeps track of all those things. And basically you can just buy a note and hold it and that, and just have this income for as long as you want. But there are other things you can do with a mortgage note that really can supercharge it. And one of the things you can do is sell it. And you can sell either a portion of it, or you can sell all of it.
Dr. Paul White (27:08):
If you sell a portion of it’s called a partial.And so you can actually, in some deals, like if you bought a note, that’s, you know, say $50,000 and you bought that note for $30,000 let’s say a 10% rate, you can turn around and sell it to another friend or investor let’s say a 6% rate and get your 30,000 back out of it. And they will tell you in the app itself, it’ll calculate the number of payments that you have to sell in order to get your money back. And then at the end, the note comes back to you and you’ve got zero money in and invest it. And yet you have this stream of payments that are coming to you. And so, you know, a zero invested money returned is a pretty good infinite return that we all like to hear about.
Dr. Paul White (27:45):
So that’s one of the things you can do. And the other thing you can do is borrow money against that note. So it’s just like having a house where you can borrow money against it. You know, it has that same kind of value to a bank or to a private lender. So there’s the things, and it keeps track of all these things. And again, if you sell five months, five years of a mortgage note, it creates a reminder at 4 years and 11 months to tell you that this payment’s coming back to you. So again, it gives you a heads up when a note is coming due when investment’s coming due. When rent is coming. And when the end of a lease on a rental that you have, it’ll send you a reminder, say this rental is coming due in 30 days. And so it helps me to send a note, send that very thing I just forward it cause it comes to my desktop or to my phone to be able to forward that note to the property managers say, okay, what are the plans for this property? We got anybody rolling here. Is he going to reinvest, you know, or renew? And so that way, again, I look like I’m on top of my game and I’m not having to do all that. I love that kind of aspect to it.
Jay Conner (28:41):
That’s what I call automation. And then there’s a fourth category that this app provides service for, right?
Dr. Paul White (28:47):
Yeah. Some people do funds or syndications and we’re just starting to build that part of it out. It’s mainly to track, you know, the issue with funds or syndication, is really no money in it and not much is returned to you until the deal closes. So, you know, a typical fund or syndication, will go five to seven years. Some of them pay off early. And so that one, we haven’t put as much time into it. Cause not as many people do those. It’s a great way for people that maybe don’t have a whole lot of experience to, if you can trust them. That’s, that’s the deal because a lot of those things can, you can lose your principal real quickly. So you have to be able to trust the people that you’re doing business with, but you don’t have to know a whole lot about real estate. But again, everything has due diligence. A better way is to have somebody like you start them off with a single family home because you can see that thing. You have all the control where you have no control over a syndication. So it’s one of those things that we’re sort of programming out for some of the other investors that have requested that. But most of what we do is those first three buckets.
Jay Conner (29:45):
So the bottom line Paul, as I understand it is whether you are investing in single family houses, commercial, any kind of real property, the software is going to keep up with where you are and make sure you’re not, you know, wasting money or losing money, same thing as a private lender, make sure you got coming to you. What was in the promissory note and then mortgage notes, which are longer term you can do fractionals and then again, syndications. So, wow!This is simply amazing, Paul! And I’m so glad I’ve had you on here. So what do people need to do to go check out this software?
Dr. Paul White (30:25):
Well you know, if you go to our website, RealNumberz.com and there’s a 14 day free trial. If you want to check it out, we’ve now adjusted it. So we’ve got a special running now where there’s a discount of 30% off the monthly fee and we do it by property. So if you have five properties or less, it’s less than it’s $47 a month as a subscription. And you have all the software, one of the cool piece of software that I didn’t talk about, there’s a piece of software attached to this, again, that you can’t do with a spreadsheet that actually connects to your bank account securely. So we don’t store any of the data. So it’s secure and encrypted, but it’ll pull the numbers and the transactions that go to that account. So on the general ledger, you’ll get uncategorized transactions and you would simply assign those transactions to one of your assets and it automatically populates the the ledger for that particular asset.
Dr. Paul White (31:14):
And then it keeps track of all the other things that are going on. So it’s really helps you understand what’s going, coming and going and your business account. So it’s a great way to keep up with things and you should have a separate business account. Don’t keep this in your personal account. I’m sure you already have taught them that, but I’ve seen guys do that too. And it’s like, yeah, they have no idea where their money is or what’s going on with it. And you have to keep some reserves. Cause you know, real estate takes a little bit of management sometimes. So anyway, and then there’s an unlimited version of that, which is which also includes the mortgage notes part plus all the other things. And it’s unlimited data, all those other things and it’s $97 a month with a discount.
Dr. Paul White (31:49):
And so one of the things that’s interesting to me is we had a client that was, I think he was spending a thousand dollars a month for a Bookkeeper’s account just to keep track of some rentals. And I’m like, dude, we can save you some money here. And he jumped on this in a heartbeat. He goes, this is way more than what I was getting before. I said, well, that’s, you know, we’re trying to make it something that you just, after you start using it, you won’t want to go without it. And that’s been my experience. It has saved me literally thousands, thousands of dollars.
Jay Conner (32:14):
That’s wonderful!
Dr. Paul White (32:15):
Yeah.
Jay Conner (32:16):
Well Paul, thank you so much for joining me here on the show. And folks there you have it. Be sure and check out www.RealNumberz.com And go check out how to stay on top of your business and save a lot of money. Paul, thank you so much. I look forward to staying connected with you and folks, I’m Jay Conner, Private Money Authority wishing you all the best. Here’s to taking your Real Estate Investing business to the next level. We’ll see you on the next show!

No comments: